Seed Their Need is operated by Community Care Network (CCN) which is recognized as a tax deductible organization by the Australian Tax Office. CCN has been carrying out humanitarian projects since 1994. Our highly regarded overseas director, Jacob Phiri operates Seed Their Need in Zambia.
Some of our projects have included
- A Suicide Prevention Program (15,000 free handbooks distributed across the community.
- Four chaplains appointed for prison work.
- Support groups for various needs including grief and loss, depression, anger management etc. and one for ex-inmates.
- Micro-businesses in Chennai India.
- An Orphanage in Zambia
- Community Care Acadamy Zambia
- A Medical clinic in Zambia
Our Zambian Director
Dr.Jacob Phiri is a social worker, Pastor and an executive leader for various community life changing organizations in Zambia.
Dr. Phiri has recently mobilized over 2000 peasant farmers into vibrant cooperative societies which have be turned in less than one year into groups of farmers who are self reliant.
He has for over 15 years championed his passion and dream that “Africa does not need AID but TRADE”.
He holds a BA in theology, MA in Education, MBA and 5 years ago he received his PhD. Dr.Phiri leads and presides over the following organizations:
- Action for Empowerment-Executive Director
- Spirit Led Academy-Africa Lead Coordinator
- Harvest Mission Ministries-Presiding overseer/Bishop
- Seed Their Need-Executive Director
- Chiyembekezo Mission Clinic-Executive Director
A regular contributor to indigenous non-governmental organization on community transformation, Dr Phiri focuses on leadership training and accountability consulting in religious and non religious organizations.
Dr. Phiri currently resides in Lusaka, Zambia with his wife Violet and have 2 grown up children, Chawezi and Israel.
The Australian Connection
Mr. Stuart Gramenz – President/Founder
Mr. Philip Parker – Secretary/Treasurer